Smart and refined
Songwriter, composer, singer: Dave Goodman is a musical chameleon who can really do it all ! His autobiographical compositions, his distinctive voice and his dazzling guitar playing ensure the Canadian a growing recognition worldwide.
With his anglo-american and irish-celtic musical heritage, the former accomplice of Joan Armatrading and Jeff Healey conjures a multi-faceted music that resounds authentical, smart and refined.
CD: "CUT TO THE CHASE" (2017)
With the eleven original songs of “Cut To The Chase” (Acoustic Music Records), Dave Goodman shows himself as a mastermind who convinces with an incredibly rich guitar work. Goodman plays on all conceivable string instruments and paints intense and stratospheric landscapes with his slide guitar, his resonator and on his lapsteel. He also provides all the lead and backing vocals. That’s about what a summit meeting of Keb Mo and Robben Ford could sound like. If both have a good day…
Video: a musical portrait
Dave Goodman: his life, his work...
Dave Goodman: for gourmets !
- The man is a virtuoso guitarist and has a fascinating singing voice. (Akustik Gitarre, Germany)
- His audience is international. So is the quality of his music. (radiobremen.de, Germany)
- Timeless blues and rock music at the highest level. (Folker, Germany)
- His compositions reflect his cross-stylistic musical abilities. (Hamburger Abendblatt, Germany)
- Dave Goodman is a magician ! (Folk Magazine, Germany)
- Topnotch acoustic blues. (Bremer Nachrichten, Germany)
- An accomplished singer. (Weser Kurier, Germany)
- Dave Goodman is a true magician ! (Südwest Presse, Germany)
- Virtuoso playing and emotional songs. (Badisches Tageblatt, Germany)
- Goodman moves between the different genres like a fish in water. (Altzella Blues & Rock Festival, Germany)
- A full-blooded bluesman who has been washed with all waters. (european-music-workshops.com, France)
- An artist for gourmets ! (Concerto, Austria)
- A recognized and respected acoustic artist. (Offenbach Post, Germany)
- Folk, blues and more: Dave Goodman covers it all. (bluesmatters.com, United Kingdom)
- Exceptionally versatile work on both acoustic and electric guitars. (acoustic-music.de, Germany)
- His guitar work is simply as good as it gets in this style. (hunterharp.com, USA)
- His performances should not be missed at any cost. (letroittours.com, France)
- He has one of the most beautiful voices in folk-blues. (Le Télégramme, France)
- A guitarist of dazzling virtuosity. (L’Alsace, France)
- An impressive virtuosity. (Ouest France, France)
“It’s show business: no show, no business…” (Dick Wolf)